Insight On Aspergers Syndrome

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

An assistance forum for parents of children with Aspergers Syndrome and adults with Aspergers.

2 posters

discipline

leslieb

discipline Empty discipline

Post  leslieb Fri Mar 19, 2010 4:40 pm

Hello, this is my first time here, i have a 3 1/2 year old that is in S/L therapy and OT, also seeing a psych who wants to rule out PDD-NOS...my son does not seem to understand consequences for his actions...lots of hitting, etc. He goes to time out and comes right back and does it again..when I (or his PK3 teacher) try to explain why he is in time out he just doesn't seem to "get it" and he can't answer "why?" when asked about his hitting..any ideas?? Thanks.
    Bluemoon

discipline Empty Re: discipline

Post  Bluemoon Sat May 15, 2010 9:32 am

While the behavior you describe is certainly in keeping with a spectrum disorder, this isolated issue is not enough for me, anyway, to be able to think of a suggestion.
    Your Dr, is wanting to rule out PDD-NOS? What do they suspect he has?
    All I can suggest is that for now certainly don't allow him to hit, make it clear that there are consequences and if you can get him to respect a timeout (as in stay put for one)then just be consistant with it.
    It seems you have some help and a better diagnoses in progress. Good luck and please come back and let us know what progress you ae able to make!

Current date/time is Fri Mar 29, 2024 2:09 am