Insight On Aspergers Syndrome

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

An assistance forum for parents of children with Aspergers Syndrome and adults with Aspergers.

An Adult is Wondering about Possibility of Having Asperger's

molly78

An Adult is Wondering about Possibility of Having Asperger's Empty An Adult is Wondering about Possibility of Having Asperger's

Post  molly78 Tue Nov 08, 2011 7:49 pm

Recently I became exposed to Asperger's from the movie Temple Grandin, and second by reading the Penelope Trunk Blog, also remarkable. Both experiences resonated powerfully in me. I am not trying to find something wrong with me, because there is something wrong with every person living, that's just a fact. But, I am beginning to believe that I might have Asperger’s and probably have had it since an early age. When I review my life, I recognize that my experiences are similar to some of the characteristics of people with Asperger's. I don't know what on earth I can do now about it now, but wanted to reach out to other adults here and see if there are suggestions. The least I can do is verify if it's true and do what I can to make the rest of my life the best it can be. When I think of what I have been through as a child, teen and much of my adult years, it is downright mind boggling how I got through it. We are not talking about regular life experiences. I am talking about a series of repeated occurrences of behavior that cannot by any stretch of the imagination be considered normal human development. If I had been the parent of a child or teen like me, surely I would have seen, oops, this one here needs a little more help than the average bear. I will be happy to share examples privately if anyone is interested.